Airline Crew Accommodation
At API, our purpose is to combine excellent service and proprietary technology to create the best and most efficient layover experience for our clients and their team members. We have been the global leader in crew and workforce accommodations for more than 35 years, generating unmatched savings in all areas of travel.
For any client on any journey, API strives to:
- Create an excellent experience by taking care of your valued traveler.
- Reduce your total cost of accommodations.
Automated Crew and Workforce Management
Our end-to-end platform, mobile solutions, and data analytics, automates the entire cycle of crew and workforce management enabling you to spend your time elsewhere. Our passion for client service ensures that, should travel plans be altered, we will be relentless in supporting you and your team. We get your crew to their scheduled destinations — happy, safely, and on-time.
- Complete operational visibility – know where your crews are laying over, what reservations are being held, how much cost has accrued through the operating period.
- Hotel availability awareness – real time availability into both allocated rooms based on real-time schedules from the railroad, as well as ad-hoc room availability for additional needs.
Crew Hotel Procurement
Instant hotel confirmation of allocated rooms provides confidence to your crew management teams, as well as an enhanced crew layover experience for the crew members.
Hotels know when crew are arriving, and can be prepared. Ensuring that rooms are always ready and available for crews to check-in and get directly into rest.
Room allocations vs room guarantee – avoid costly room guarantees. Our technology enables a more efficient and cost-saving room allocation solution.
Crews do no show up to hotels with no availability.
Removed burden to secure ad-hoc hotel rooms for stranded crews.
Contractually tailored hotel terms and conditions. Contracts terms typically make up 30-40% of the spend in crew accommodations. API will negotiate the most favorable room rate and terms to mitigate total cost of accommodations.
Crew Layover Technology Solutions
Today, API’s platform and 400+ experienced professionals manage lodging and ground transportation for 27,000+ individuals at more than 100 airlines around the world. Our automated systems reserve over 10 million hotel rooms annually at 600,000 properties API is also proud to provide adapted versions of our platforms and technologies to valued clients in rail companies, cruise lines and sports teams.
- Improved crew experience, crews can review their layover stay information on our integrated MyCrewCare app. They can also provide feedback on their hotel and stay via the app.
- Reduced cost, increased efficiency, and an integrated solution, thanks to our ACESRail crew accommodations platform.
- Complete network data and analytics capture – every crew layover is processed through our tech platform, enabling incredible insight and data intelligence.
- Railroad driven invoice creation/validation – monthly suppliers invoices are created using the railroad’s own scheduling data, ensuring you have command of the costs of your crew member’s layover spend.
- Our digital invoicing ensures 100% accurate and fully reconciled billing based on actual crew arrival and your contract rules.