Aircraft Hangar Doors
Industrial Sliding and Folding Door Solutions
Jewers Doors has unrivalled experience in meeting the specialist needs of its customers around the globe. Having worked in Europe, the Middle East and Asia for many decades, we have undertaken projects in locations from Australia to Alaska.
Our clients include major international and regional airlines, fixed-base operators (FBO’s), maintenance, repair and operations (MRO) providers, airports, government departments, armed forces, private operators and royalty.
Esavian Doors – the Most Advanced Hangar Door System in the World
Jewers Doors manufactures creative yet functional door solutions to meet its customers’ requirements. Each Esavian door is designed and manufactured to meet project specifics including size, shape of openings, climatic conditions, design wind pressures, BMS interfaces and of course, architectural requirements.
Esavian doors – the brand name origins date back more than one hundred years – undergo continual development and are the ultimate in hangar door design, practicality and durability.
The Esavian product range comprises two horizontal sliding hangar door systems – Type 126 and Type 127 – and a bottom rolling sliding folding door, the Flatfold.
There are no standard sizes or generic specifications for Esavian hangar doors. Instead, each door is designed and manufactured to meet project-specific requirements. Esavian doors can be manufactured for any opening between six metres and 80 metres high. The opening width is unlimited. We have made Esavian straight-sliding doors for many of the largest aircraft hangars in the world and they have been installed on more A380 and B747 hangars world-wide than any other door system.
Our Esavian doors are in service on every continent and in more than 40 countries.
Esavian Doors – Key Facts
- Unlimited in size.
- Proven reliability in all climatic conditions.
- State-of-the-art drive systems with user-friendly controls.
- High insulation values with full weather sealing.
- Multiple safety systems.
- Compatible integration with building management systems (BMS).
- Unlimited options for cladding, glazing, colour and configurations.
- Integrated personnel and vehicle access doors.
- The lowest whole-life costs of any door system.
- Turn-key supply and install door solutions worldwide.
The Phoenix range – Osprey & Kingfisher Doors
The Phoenix range is an established choice for industrial doors throughout general aviation. Their reliability, simple operation, versatility and immaculate safety record has resulted in a loyal customer base that continues to grow.
The Osprey top-hung sliding/folding doors is particularly suited for aviation professionals and enthusiasts alike. This multi-leaf door is easy to operate by hand for spans up to 40 metres wide, and electrically operated Osprey doors can open and close 20 metre openings safely in just 40 seconds.
If a top-hung solution is not an option, the Kingfisher bottom-rolling straight sliding door is an ideal, modern replacement for traditional sliding hangar doors. Rigid in construction and lightweight in operation, individual door leaves can be manufactured to 4.5 metres wide and arranged on up to 6 parallel tracks to create unlimited opening widths.
An optional sheaving system greatly reduces the opening and closing effort by simultaneously moving all ‘secondary’ leaves in unison when only the leading ‘primary’ leaf is operated.
For ground support buildings, airport fire stations and workshops, fast-acting Swift or smaller Osprey doors can be used to create a uniform appearance with adjacent hangars.
Osprey – Key Facts
- Flush bottom track with integral threshold.
- Multi-leaf construction allows the door to be partially opened when the full aperture is not required.
- Manual doors are easy to open and close by hand.
- Door leaves stack tightly behind the jamb to provide full width and height opening.
- Electric operation is available for doors up to 100 m2.
- Drainage as standard, and option for under track heating to prevent water and ice in the track.
Kingfisher – Key Facts
- Top-hung or bottom rolling to suit load-bearing and non-load bearing structures.
- Electric operation for openings up to 30 metres wide by 6 metres high.
- Easy to move by hand regardless of leaf size.
- Flush bottom tracks to allow smooth movement of aircraft in and out the building.
- Wicket doors provide personnel access without moving the main door.
- Central ‘tailgate’ doors fitted above the kingfisher door can increase the clear height to 9 metres.
About Jewers Doors
Established in 1983, Jewers Doors is a world-leading company dedicated to the design, manufacture and installation of specialist industrial doors operating from a state-of-the-art facility in the heart of Bedfordshire, UK. With branch offices in the United Arab Emirates, North America and Turkey, Jewers Doors supplies and installs specialist industrial doors worldwide.