Rather than follow fashion trends, USM’s Modular Furniture for airports has cultivated its own sense of rigour and sustainability, two inherent values dear to its practice. The USM system comprises of a chrome-plated brass ball joint, chromed steel tubes which connect to the ball forming a stable framework and powder coated metal panels mounted between the tubes. The basic construction allows for infinte design possibiliies and since its launch as a brand in 1965 more and more clients, architects and designers are seduced by its basic aesthetic and ultra functionality.
Fifty years on, USM’s Modular Furniture for airports has become a design classic.The product continues to perfect itself with the strength of its 100% Swiss manufacturing processes. It remains to inspire new interiors around the world.
In 2011 USM entered into a business cooperation to offer airports the combination of a product that fulfills the diversified demand of the user with the vision of planners and architects. USM Airportsystems has meanwhile completed projects for more than 15 airports and national airport authorities world-wide.
Modular Furniture for Airports
From check-in to boarding, USM Airportsystems offers a combination of timeless design, integrated technology and endless flexibility.
- Check-In Counter – Extended module can be combined with stationary units in situations of increased passenger numbers. Includes keyboard and printer extension shelves and one extension drawer for the CPU: Often used in combination with self-check-in stations.
- Boarding Pass Control Counter – One work station with one or two access control gates. Includes one keyboard extension shelf, one printer extension shelf and CPU storage.
- Security Screening Search Tables – Basic model often used as staff re-check table including one drop-down door.
- Immigration Counter – ‘S’ immigration booth – Two work station complete with locking glass doors. Post for cameras optional.
- Gate Counter – Mobile immigration control trolley – one work station trolley with overhead banner for magnetic airline signage.
- Information Desk / Lost and Found – Multiple work station desk with any number of drawers and doors. Optional back office area with shelving and storage.
- Lighting and Signage – LED warm white or cold bulbs encased in safety glass combined with self adhesive film.